Virtual Data Room for R&D23 April, 2021
Speed development in an ultra-secure environment.
The whole world anxiously watched as the pharmaceutical industry developed a response to the COVID-19 epidemic – and applauded heartily when several companies introduced vaccines in record time.
Few understood the feverish level of activity necessary to develop such complex products so quickly. But those on the front lines know that speeding up the R&D process requires three elements: collaboration among a disparate group of specialists, rigorous process management, and an ultra-secure environment in which proprietary data and documentation is shared.
A number of leading pharmaceutical and life science firms have found a solution: a ShareVault Virtual Data Room (VDR). A ShareVault VDR delivers exactly the elements needed for a successful R&D effort.
Secure Collaboration On-site and with Remote Partners
ShareVault’s VDR can readily accommodate participation from dozens of collaborators, both on-site and remote. Security is assured with structured user permissions protocols:
- Only a user with the proper password has access. For added security, the R&D team leader can install two-step verification
- Define which users have access to specific folders and whether the user can print or save
- Set a user’s access expiration date
- A team leader can remotely “shred” documents, even after they’ve been downloaded
- Through ShareVault’s partnership with DocuSign, a user can sign and transmit a document without leaving the VDR’s ultra-secure environment
- As needed, collaborate with remote parties, who can have access from any device, anywhere, anytime. Based on permissions, a remote party can view, add, or remove documents, analytics and data
- For auditing, ShareVault’s Page-level Tracking provides a record of user interaction including all documents viewed, reporting date/time, activity, group, user or tag. Results can be shown as a scrollable list of events or a graphical timeline.
Rigorous yet Easy-to-use File Organization
The ShareVault VDR provides a built-in system for file organization. When first engaging with ShareVault, the fastest way to organize is with ShareVault’s Due Diligence Checklist, which automatically creates a structured filing system.
The ShareVault Due Diligence Checklist uses “Hierarchical Tags”, which work like folders but have the added benefit of faster tracing of a document that appears in multiple folders. This organizing process can be applied to eTMF files.
Once the folders are named, ShareVault’s intuitively designed software allows fast organization and customization of folders:
- Drag-and-Drop Editing: Reorder files tags and documents within a folder with a simple mouse movement
- Index Auto-Numbering: Add or delete documents and numbering automatically adjusts
- Instant Full-text Search: Keyword search results appear in textual context
- Smart Filters: Speed search by using filters, like Recent, File Type, Read/Unread, Published By
- Zoomable Thumbnails: Zoom into the first page of a document to quickly gauge its relevance
- Seamless Integration: ShareVault works with multiple file-sharing applications, including DropBox, SharePoint, OneDrive and DocuSign
ShareVault’s VDR is designed to provide maximum security throughout the R&D process. With its history working with pharmaceutical companies, ShareVault has installed protocols that are designed specifically for site monitoring and meet ICH GCP guidelines.
Once a file is posted to ShareVault, it is ultra-secure:
- Files at rest are encrypted with AES-256
- File connections are via HTTPS over Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), providing AES-256 encryption in transit
- ShareVault’s security is backed by multiple certifications, including HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC 1/2/3, PCI, ISO 90001 / 27001 / 27017 / 27018, FedRAMP Moderate, and DoD CC SRG IL2
Accelerate Research and Development
ShareVault integrates multiple software technologies that can dramatically improve the speed of development. Unlike other VDR providers, ShareVault’s software does not require a plug-in to display documents in a secure environment. Users, both on-site and remote, can view documents immediately.
Additional ShareVault document viewing technology features that improve the speed of the R&D process:
- Batch download and print of large numbers of documents
- Fast and smooth continuous document scrolling
- The ability to “skim” through multiple pages of a document, versus the traditional click-each-page-to-proceed process
- Inter-document hyperlinking that allows a user to click a link to another document
- A secure spreadsheet viewer that displays Excel files in the user’s browser
- A secure audio/video player that uses Apple’s HLS live-stream video protocols
A Faster and Better Presentation
The value of ShareVault software doesn’t end with the product development process. When it comes time to share findings with the executive team, investors or the scientific community, ShareVault’s presentation software ensures a professional showing. ShareVault’s built-in security measures continue to protect your presentation even when your audience joins from a platform of unknown security quality.
ShareVault knows that with R&D, time is everything. That’s why ShareVault provides round-the-clock support from our IT team, who can answer questions and resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
ShareVault: Focus on the R&D, not the Software!
The value of a great R&D team is their ability to collaborate, analyze data and develop cutting-edge solutions. ShareVault’s Virtual Data Rooms allow a development team to focus on those skills, without time-consuming document processing or concerns about security.