Investment Banking Deal Room27 August, 2022
A safer, more efficient way to seal your Investment Bank deal.
An investment bank deal has a lot of moving parts – data, analytics, reams of supporting documents – contributed by multiple parties, many of whom are in remote locations. While the easing of pandemic restrictions will allow more face-to-face, the reality of managing an investment deal is that it always requires three things: collaboration, speed, and confidentiality.
Fortunately, savvy technologists at ShareVault have developed the ideal environment and tools for investment deal development.
Fast, Efficient Collaboration
ShareVault is a cloud-based online central document repository designed for facilitating investment deals. A ShareVault VDR provides a central hub where attorneys, auditors, consultants, investment groups and participating banks can review materials safely and securely.
- For collaboration with remote parties, ShareVault allows participation from parties with the proper permissions from any device, anywhere, anytime.
Speedy Deal Development
ShareVault is designed for complex process management, such as developing a multi-party investment deal. Its features include:
- For fast, efficient document organization and access, simply upload your documents to a ShareVault secure virtual data room and “tag” them. ShareVault’s unique hierarchical tags work like folders but have the additional advantage of providing cross-links to where a document appears in multiple locations within your brief
- Filters allow sorting by file type, date and publishing source and can be “starred” as a favorite
- At any point in brief preparation, add new tags and reorder using drag-and-drop – ShareVault’s document management software will automatically update numbering
- Seamless Integration: ShareVault works with many file-sharing applications, including DropBox, SharePoint, OneDrive and DocuSign
- ShareVault has its own search engine that allows an individual to locate documents quickly and easily
- Search results are sorted by relevance, with synopses showing how the searched keyword(s) are used in context
- As you search, view “zoomable” thumbnails that provide a quick peek of a document’s first page and use “infinite scrolling” to quickly scan a document to determine its relevance
In-person or Remote Presentations
- When presenting to a fundraising audience, ShareVault is designed for parties in the room or in remote locations to view your presentation
- ShareVault’s built-in security software protects your Deal Room even when your customers are joining your presentation from a platform of unknown security quality
- When documents need signatures, ShareVault’s partnership with DocuSign allows a user to send out a DocuSign document without the document leaving the secure environment of the VDR
The Ultimate Secure Deal Room
- Only a user with proper password authentication has access to the ShareVault deal room
- A due diligence team leader can select two-step verification, which enhances the security of a user's login process. The user is required to enter a secure code which is either delivered by phone text message or via the Google Authenticator app, available for iPhone, Android, Windows Phone and Blackberry
- Within the Deal Room, ShareVault continues to provide maximum protection with files encrypted with AES-256, file connections are via HTTPS over Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), providing AES-256 encryption in transit
- Page-level Tracking provides an audit of user interaction, by date/time, activity, group, user or tag. Results can be viewed as a scrollable list or on a graphical timeline
- Since the status of a collaborator may change, the team leader can set an expiration date revoking access after a given date/time. He or she can also remotely “shred” documents, including documents that have already been downloaded
The Perfect Start: ShareVault’s Due Diligence Checklist
To get you on your way efficiently, ShareVault has developed a Due Diligence Checklist. Just download the document and it instantly provides folders and the organizational tools and search functions to get a deal up and running.
ShareVault knows that with a deal on the line, time is everything. That’s why ShareVault provides round-the-clock support from our IT team who can answer questions and resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
ShareVault: Focus on your Deal, not the Software!
The value of a great Investment bank team is their ability to examine, analyze, evaluate and recommend. ShareVault’s VDR deal rooms allow a team to focus on that value, without cumbersome and time-consuming document processing or concerns about security.