Deal Room for Private Equity26 March, 2021
Develop and Sell your PE Deal in an Ultra-secure Environment.
The pandemic has upended many of the ways in which we work. For private equity, venture capital and investment fund firms, the comfort and security of an office environment has been replaced by online collaborations and presentations. The growing pains of the transition and uncertainties in the market led to a dramatic reduction in deals in the first half of 2020. Placements increased in the second half of 2020 and Q1 2021, and the forecast for PE deals is bullish, which bodes well for the industry.
While there will certainly come a time when deals are once again presented in person, PE firms can learn from the pandemic experience by integrating the online environment into ongoing operations. ShareVault is an ideal solution, for three reasons:
- Faster collaboration with remote parties
- Faster organization and access
- Ultra-secure due diligence processing
ShareVault is an online platform with a Virtual Data Room (VDR) for PE deals. A ShareVault VDR provides a central hub where all parties—attorneys, auditors, consultants, and banks—can review materials safely and securely. Parties can collaborate from any device, anywhere, anytime, viewing and adding documents, analytics and data. ShareVault’s software speeds the process of organization, access and viewing and ensures a secure collaboration.
ShareVault’s intuitive software also speeds collaboration in fundraising with your target audience, making it easy for Limited Partners, investors and other parties to view your presentation. The platform’s built-in security measures will continue to protect your Deal Room even when your customers are joining your presentation from a platform of unknown security quality.
Faster Document Organization and Access
ShareVault provides a repository for all of the many documents essential to due diligence, and its built-in software is intuitively designed, assuring new users can ramp up in no time. Ease-of-use features include:
- Hierarchical Tags: These work like folders but have the additional benefit of tags, which allows a user to trace a document when it is located in multiple folders
- Drag-and-Drop Editing: Reorder files and tags with a quick mouse movement
- Index Auto-Numbering: Your numbering will automatically adjust as you add or delete documents
- Instant Full-text Search: Enter a keyword and search results will display in context, to better gauge relevance
- Smart Filters: Improve the speed of search using any of multiple criteria - Recent, File Type, Read/Unread, Published By
- Zoomable Thumbnails: Take a fast look at the first page of a document, with a zoom-in function controlled by your mouse to enlarge any section of a page
- Seamless Integration: ShareVault works with multiple file-sharing applications, including DropBox, SharePoint, OneDrive and DocuSign
- Auditing: Page-level Tracking that provides an audit of user interaction, by date/time, activity, group, user or tag. Results can be shown as a scrollable list of events or a graphical timeline.
Ultra-secure Due Diligence
Only a user with the proper password authentication has access to the ShareVault VDR. A due diligence team leader can select two-step verification, which enhances the security of a user's login process. The user is required to enter a secure code which is either delivered by phone text message or via the Google Authenticator app, available for iPhone, Android, Windows Phone and Blackberry.
Once a user has access to the VDR, ShareVault continues to provide maximum protection:
- Files at rest are encrypted with AES-256
- File connections are via HTTPS over Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), providing AES-256 encryption in transit
- ShareVault’s security is backed by multiple certifications, including SOC 1/2/3, PCI, ISO 90001 / 27001 / 27017 / 27018, FedRAMP Moderate, DoD CC SRG IL2, HIPAA, and HITRUST
To maintain security protocols, ShareVault provides detailed reports of which documents have been viewed, by whom, at what time, right down to the specific pages viewed and the time spent on them.
The status of your collaborators may change. To make that easy, ShareVault allows a team leader to set an expiration date so that a user will no longer have access to documents after a given date/time. He or she can also revoke a user’s access permission and remotely “shred” documents, including documents that have already been downloaded.
When documents need signatures, ShareVault’s partnership with DocuSign allows a user to send out a DocuSign document without the document leaving the secure environment of the VDR. Additional DocuSign features include email alerts, signature placements, form fields, template design, and the eSignature workflow flexibility.
ShareVault knows that with a deal on the line, time is everything. That’s why ShareVault provides round-the-clock support from our IT team, who can answer questions and resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
ShareVault: Focus on your Deal, not the Software!
The value of a great PE team is their ability to examine, analyze, evaluate and recommend. ShareVault’s VDR deal rooms allow a team to focus on that value, without cumbersome and time-consuming document processing or concerns about security.