10 Reasons to Attend the BIO International Convention07 May, 2018
The BIO International Convention ( June 4th – 7th, 2015 | Boston) is hosted by the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO). BIO is the world's largest trade association representing more than 1,100 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers and related organizations across the United States and in more than 30 other nations. BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology products.
BIO performs many services for members, but none of them are more visible than the BIO International Convention, an event that helps BIO fulfill its mission to help grow the global biotech industry. The BIO International Convention attracts over 16,000 biotechnology and pharma leaders who come together for a week of intensive networking to discover new opportunities and promising partnerships. Attendees represent thousands of organizations including leading biotech companies, top 25 pharma companies, top 20 CROs and CMOs, more than 300 academic institutions, including major research labs and government agencies, and the leading consultants and service companies. Profits from the BIO International Convention are returned to the biotechnology industry by supporting BIO programs and initiatives. BIO also works throughout the year to create a policy environment that enables the industry to pursue its vision of bettering the world through biotechnology innovation.
Last year's convention featured more than 1,800 exhibitors, over 41,000 one-on-one partnering meetings and over 300 company presentations.
Throughout the four-day event exhibitors are given the opportunity to reach high-level executives and influential decision makers who come to BIO to discover new players in the industry, form partnerships and evaluate emerging technologies.
Thousands of attendees will again be at this year's BIO International Convention, including C-level leaders, researchers, business developers, up-and-coming innovators, sponsor companies, and solution providers—all under one roof.
With proper planning you can set up a full year of business connections, partnering possibilities and exposure to many innovations for the future of biotech.
Here are our top ten reasons for attending:
- Connect efficiently: Meet with more than 5,000 participating companies and over 1,800 exhibiting companies
- Find partners, sustain projects and secure funding utilizing the BIO One-on-One Partnering System
- Gain new perspectives from industry thought leaders
- Explore new solutions and meet innovative service providers
- Partner with companies in the BIO Business Forum and BIO Exhibition
- Network with C-level attendees from 76 countries (More than 2,500 CEOs attended BIO 2017)
- Learn key trends in licensing and important patent information
- Attend specialty forums providing deep-dives and plenty of networking
- Connect with expert speakers in breakout sessions and specialty forums
- Engage key members of the investment community in the Startup Stadium
ShareVault is BIO’s official virtual data room provider and offers significant discounts to its members. Click the button below to learn more about how ShareVault can provide a secure document sharing solution for life sciences organizations and for the due diligence required during biopharma partnering/business development, technology licensing, fundraising, M&A, and clinical study management.