ShareVault is the innovation leader in providing virtual data rooms and secure document sharing solutions that allow businesses to control and track the sharing of confidential information with external parties during due diligence and other critical business processes.
ShareVault differentiates itself from other document sharing platforms by extending the security capabilities to protect information not only from hackers, but also from the parties with whom our customers are knowingly sharing confidential documents. This is a vital capability for any business use case involving the sharing of information with third parties. ShareVault can be easily deployed for sharing documents with users on computers that are not administered by our customer's IT department.
ShareVault is an on-demand web application that provides bank-grade security and the highest degree of availability combined with unparalleled speed, ease-of-use and functionality. ShareVault also integrates with a variety of third-party technologies via our API (Application Program Interface) and connectors for Microsoft SharePoint®, Microsoft Office365®, Box®, Dropbox® and DocuSign® as well as SAML2 support for single-sign on (SSO) integration. ShareVault allows customers to easily and securely share documents in the cloud with third parties on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. We also provide comprehensive 24/7 support, assuring that our customers' end users or administrators customers can contact us at any time with questions or for resolving issues.
ShareVault can be used in a variety of business transaction scenarios to provide a secure virtual data room for managed sharing of business documents during the due diligence associated with M&A (buy-side or sell-side), bio-pharmaceutical partnering, Technology Licensing, Syndicated Loans, Fundraising, Bankruptcy, Investor Communications. Backed by the experience of $50+ billion in successful deals, ShareVault acts not only as your technology provider, but also as a business partner who understands dealmaking and due diligence.
ShareVault is also used broadly for enterprise document sharing applications such as corporate repository, board portal, secure extranet, strategic procurement, as well as regulatory applications. ShareVault is used by customers in a variety of industries, including life sciences (biotech, pharmaceuticals, CROs, CMOs, medical devices, diagnostics and clinical), financial services, legal services, investment banking, alternative energy/cleantech, energy and resources including oil & gas, technology, private equity and venture capital.
The company is headquartered in Los Gatos, California, in the heart of Silicon Valley, with a development office in Bangalore, India.
- 2003 ShareVault founded as Pandesa Corporation
- 2004 Launched first enterprise document sharing product
- 2005 Launched first web-based document sharing product
- 2006 ShareVault virtual data room introduced to the market
- 2007 ShareVault signs first international client in the UK
- 2008 ShareVault API launched
- 2009 Launched ShareVault Marketplace
- 2010 Company starts doing business as ShareVault
- 2011 ShareVault 3.0 launched, with powerful new features and an all new user interface
- 2012 ShareVault announces SharePoint Connector and eCTD Hyperlinking
- 2013 ShareVault launches iOS app, and plug-in-free web viewer. ShareVault selected as preferred provider for Biotechnology Industry Association (BIO)
- 2014 ShareVault hires CISO and undergoes further security improvements including encryption at rest with key management
- 2015 Release of ShareVault Reader, a fast, secure and lightweight document viewer available for both Windows and Mac
- 2016 ShareVault announces the eCTD Viewer - the first virtual dataroom with a fully-integrated viewer for bipharma regulatory documents